Monday, June 7, 2010

Me today.


Today on Monday woke up hearing "I want to be where you are" by Marvin Gaye and felt like that was my mind talking to my soul. lol In other words I felt amazing......I could feel everyones anticipation and joy for the world cup, the proudness, and strength.....The same feeling I got when I was walking downtown on Strand st. and I saw this group of kids singing songs about Jesus and saw the strength inside of them when they sang his name. I had one of those moments of DING!....I get it.....I'm not religious at all but I understood @ that moment what that word Jesus meant to those people. No matter how rough of a situation they were going through, call that name and it will bring you a sense of security and comfort.........peace. I grew up a Jehovah's witness and felt like after my experience with that I was sorta jaded when it came to religion but now I get the real reason for religion.......unity. There are 100's of beliefs around the world and the most brilliant thing about them all is that they all have one common thing.....A path to Jehovah, God, Allah, the Almighty, the Omega, the Supreme, whatever you want to call him/her/it they all mean the same thing your most high. In some odd way the way soccer is uniting this country it's kind of like god like. DAMN SON I"M INSPIRED! I'm learning soo many new things about myself and rediscovering soo many old things that were lost amongst all of the bullshit that we get caught up in day to day. I have to be honest I lost track of love......and when I say love I don't necessarily mean being in love even though that's part of it.....I lost track of love for myself. I got caught up in the game where I was trying to please everyone and lost track of what made Casey happy which is Love for myself. I haven't loved myself for such a while and now I see how my happiness needs to be genuine so I can share a genuine love with and for others. That's how I've been built, how my mom and dad raised me and how I reach my optimum potential as an artist, man, person, and human being. Operating from a place of love for myself (yourself) will bring an amazing brilliance that I (you) never knew I (you) had or could even reach. So now I practice unconditional love for myself so that I can love unconditionally with and for others. If you love you unconditionally, you know how it feels so loving someone unconditionally is completely possible. N E way life's moving and I don't want to miss another moment so till later peoples. Live like you mean it! Love like you know what it feels like to be loved! and DREAM! it's the only way to fly!

Wanna send a shout out to my family mom, pop, sisters, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, personal friends and especially nieces and nephews, nyia, tyree, logan, jamal, kamari! When I think of my life I think of you, and when I think of you I think of unlimited love, life, and optimism.....Happy feelins in the air sons and sonnets! you 5 are the shit to me and I look up to you when I'm down.......peace


Follow!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504702188 (casey washington)

Twitter: http://twitter.com/caseywashington (casey washington)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Eyehoney.com The Launch 5.1.11 said...

Yo Casey. Your words and thoughts are so powerful. I am just getting ready for work. But thought I would hit u up with a quik comment.

It sounds are if your eyes, mind and sould are now wide open. The world is yours brutha. No more stop lights, stop signs, road blocks or hesitation in life's path for u. Seems in the three or four weeks you have been in Cape you have matured 20 years. Congratz. Imagine if those of us, like myself, tapped into the energy of true love and life as you have tapped into.

Peace,

Traycee

ps. DOCUMENT ALL THAT SHIT, SON!!!!! :)

June 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Biggz said...

Good stuff bro!

June 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home